The main theme for this year is “Innovation for a Resilient and Inclusive Digital Economy”. The Innovation Week Tanzania has steadily grown from the modest start in 2015 with around 500 attendees to 2020 with over 7,000 and a more national outlook. The event has provided a platform for many innovators to be seen, more stakeholders to forge meaningful partnerships, a lot of knowledge to be shared, numerous innovative initiatives to be showcased and key policy-related issues to be discussed.
The sub-themes are:
1. Building a vibrant and resilient national innovation ecosystem
2. Emerging technologies for a digital economy
3. Supporting and linking grassroots innovations to the economic development agenda
4. Skills, research & Development for a resilient digital economy
5. Making Innovation Work Better for Women & Girls
6. Green Innovations for a Resilient Economy
Organizer information - HDIF:
HDIF aims to identify and support innovations that have the potential to create social impact in education, health and, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) across Tanzania. With a focus on market driven solutions, HDIF catalyses the development, testing and scaling of innovative models of service delivery, information and communication technologies for development (ICT4D), and product solutions in health, education and WASH.